Your smile says a lot about you. It is a boost for your confidence as it is the first thing that people notice about you when you meet. However, sometimes maintaining that beautiful smile becomes a challenge. It could be due to crooked teeth, teeth gaps, gum problems, you name them. If you are suffering from any of these issues, that does not mark the end of a cute smile for you. You can use enhancers, to make your teeth more straight and appealing.
In this article, I will be outlining the difference between Invisalign vs smile direct, to help you choose the one that suits your needs.
While making a decision on which to get, we recommend that you understand the benefits and shortcoming of each. Both services depend on the use of trays to align teeth, but they both have different treatment plans.
What is Invisalign?
It is a kind of orthodontic treatment that has been designed to help straighten teeth without the need or the actual metal braces. With them, you do not have to deal with metal brackets. Invisalign entails wearing of custom-made plastic aligners which align your teeth back to their position. The best part is that they are custom made, which means that they are made specifically for your teeth problem.
Benefits of Invisalign
- They are clear and invisible which makes your smile more appealing
- The treatment will only take you approximately 18 months
- They are easy to remove which makes cleaning your teeth more manageable
- You can eat any food – there are no restrictions
- They are super comfortable
- No food sticking on the aligners as you can remove them when eating
Drawbacks of Invisalign
- You need to visit your dentist approximately every six weeks before the treatment is over
- You have to remove them every time you want to eat or drink sweetened drinks
- Even after concluding treatment, you have to wear a retainer
- The cost of Invisalign is approximately between $2500 and $8,000 depending on your needs
What is Smile Direct?
Smile Direct provides patients with clear plastic aligners to offer everyone an affordable solution for perfect smiles. The best part about SmileDirectClub is that you do not need to take a ride to the physician every time as you can do the process from home. You will receive an online smile assessment, and then the dentists will reach out to their SmileShops where you will be sent to take a 3D teeth scan. If not, you can send your teeth mold using an impression kit that they will send to you. The dentists will then come up with aligners, fully customized for you and will ship them to you.
The best part about this treatment is that you will receive all types your aligners then you can change them as your teeth move. You will need to wear the aligners for about six months, and within that period, you do not need to visit an orthodontist. You will, however, undergo an online check every 90 days.
Benefits of Smile Direct
- You only need to wear the aligners for six months
- You can undergo the whole process from home so no need for regular office visits
- The aligners are clear and invisible
- They offer great comfort
- Price is a huge benefit with SmileDirect. The cost is adjustable based on your dental needs, and the average price is $1,850
Drawbacks of SmileDirect
- You need to wear retainers even after treatment, which come at an extra cost
- They are not strong like other options thus do not push teeth as much
- You have to look for a SmileDirect dentist every time you experience complications
Based on this Invisalign vs smile direct comparison, it is clear that Invisalign is more expensive than Smile Direct but they also offer a higher degree of quality and will aligner your teeth more effectively. As always, we recommend that you choose the one that you can comfortably afford and one that will adequately cater for your needs – ask your orthodontist for guidance!